A few weeks after the call that wasn’t, we got another call from our social worker. Again about a baby girl, again she sounded right for us, and this time her SW had read our PAR and was keen to meet with us if we wanted to. Mr R and I discussed Lily (not her real name) and decided, again, that we’d like to know more.
A date to meet Lily’s SW was agreed, and cancelled. Then a further date was agreed, and cancelled. Frustrating but we understood the reasons why and they were unavoidable. A third date was suggested, and we heard nothing more. I emailed our SW and didn’t receive a reply, so I called the office and was told that our SW was off sick and nobody knew anything about the appointment with Lily’s SW. Thankfully I knew the SW’s first name so was able to get a message to her and she called back to confirm that the meeting was going ahead as scheduled. Yay.
The meeting went well, and Lily’s SW said “see you soon” as she left which we took as a good sign but didn’t want to get our hopes up. We were asked to read through the Child Permanence Report (CPR) for Lily and have a think about if we’d like to proceed. We did. Lily’s SW informed us she wanted to proceed too but it had to be agreed by the Adoption Managers as well. Nothing will happen until after Christmas now, so yet more waiting.